.

THE PAIN OF DISCIPLINE OR THE PAIN OF REGRET, YOU CHOOSE!

Main Purpose of this blog!

This blog is for you! Our family and friends who need a little extra motivation when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. Most of you have seen the popular TV series The Biggest Loser and have noted the life changing events that have occured. We are going to do our own version of the biggest loser only we are calling it The Healthy Habits Challenge. If you are interested we are asking that you send 20 dollars to my cute mom Linda Brindley Chipman asap. The challenge will begin on Monday, January 10th, 2011 and goes for 8 weeks which means it will end Sunday, March 6th. The more who participate, the more money their will be in the pot. At 20 dollars each, it is going to add up fast, but all money aside we really want to use this blog as a place where we can post our progress and encourage each other with ideas of what we are doing to keep fit and healthy. Please refer to the "log in" information (on side bar) so you can post your ideas. Remember to read the rules carefully (on the side bar) as well as the Healthy Habits Contract (first post). Good Luck Everyone!

Monday, January 10, 2011

What did you eat today???

Sundee posting

Hello everyone, just wondering how your first day went??? Mine wasn't to bad. I am a huge believer in writing down everything I eat when I am trying to watch it.  5 years ago I had gestational diabetes with my third pregnancy. My dietitian made me write down everything!!! I hated it at first but realized that I hadn't been paying attention to what I put in my mouth. It was a huge wake up call for me.  I am going to try and write down my daily food intake during this challenge. I think it will help me. I would LOVE to hear what your eating.

Breakfast:  1 egg, two egg whites, 1/2 bell pepper, sprinkle of cheese

Mid morning snack:   string cheese, blueberry Greek yogurt

Lunch:  bowl of beef vegetable soup. (My mom's homemade)

Afternoon snack:  1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 banana

Dinner:  chicken breast, steamed broccoli, orange

Snack:  Zone protein bar.

7 comments:

  1. Breakfast: 1/2 c. Oatmeal, Lunch: fish, steamed carrots and 1/2 c. rice, Snack: apple and grapes , Dinner: stir fry, Snack: a hot and spicy pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am turning to oatmeal so I can feel full for longer periods of time. I started packing vegetables for a snack, as this is my weak point. This way, I will not turn to the candy in my filing cabinet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, writing everything that you eat down, really helps. So here is what I ate yesterday: Breakfast: 1/2 cream of wheat, 1 banana, Lunch: 1/4 c. tuna fish with 2 slices of Whole wheat bread, carrots, Dinner: Chicken Casserole, salad, orange and a treat sm. Ice cream cone. I drank LOTS and LOTS of water too, I haven't had any soda in over a week now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast: Oatmeal
    Snack:Carrots
    Lunch: Bean Burrito with sprinkle of chz.
    Snack: Whole Wheat pretzel sticks
    Dinner: Taco soup

    Tons of water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had my Cherry Pepsi for two, yes only two, days know. I am feeling proud of myself. LOL! My personal goal is to limit myself to 12 ounces on the WEEKEND! :) In the past, I have found that after I quit drinking it so much, it doesn't taste near as good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ken Ash???? Just want to say WAY TO GO!!! You should be proud of yourself!!! Pop is a hard habit to break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ken+ash: I know how you feel. That is my poison! I LOVE LOVE LOVE cherry pepsi! I think that is a great goal to have. I think it will be mine too!

    ReplyDelete