.

THE PAIN OF DISCIPLINE OR THE PAIN OF REGRET, YOU CHOOSE!

Main Purpose of this blog!

This blog is for you! Our family and friends who need a little extra motivation when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. Most of you have seen the popular TV series The Biggest Loser and have noted the life changing events that have occured. We are going to do our own version of the biggest loser only we are calling it The Healthy Habits Challenge. If you are interested we are asking that you send 20 dollars to my cute mom Linda Brindley Chipman asap. The challenge will begin on Monday, January 10th, 2011 and goes for 8 weeks which means it will end Sunday, March 6th. The more who participate, the more money their will be in the pot. At 20 dollars each, it is going to add up fast, but all money aside we really want to use this blog as a place where we can post our progress and encourage each other with ideas of what we are doing to keep fit and healthy. Please refer to the "log in" information (on side bar) so you can post your ideas. Remember to read the rules carefully (on the side bar) as well as the Healthy Habits Contract (first post). Good Luck Everyone!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Healthy :)

I don't know about everyone else, but the fact that the title of our blog says "HEATHY HABITS CHALLENGE" makes me crave chocolate! I wanted to take a few lines to blurb about how motivating this challenge has been for me and how I have gone from "HEATHY" to "HEALTHY." It adds a little shuffle to my step and vegetables to my diet. I, too, am focusing on moderation and am trusting the process. One of my colleagues at the elementary school has lost 16 pounds in the last two months. She constantly advises, "Trust the process."
Trusting the process means doing your part by eating less and being more active. She also says moderation is a vital component and that the scale can break you. It may read a certain weight for three days. On day four, you may be down 3 pounds. BAM! Once again, trust the process and BELIEVE!
According to Deepak Chopra, when we eat to 80% of our capacity, we feel invigorated and healthy. Keep up the great work ladies, and remember this quote by Epictetus: "No great thing is created suddenly. There must be time. Do your best!"

Ashlee L.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Thank you! I know I need more faith in trusting the process. Thanks for the reminder!

    Love Sundee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I do get frustrated when I see the same number on the scale for 3 days...but I just need to think long term and trust the process. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post! I needed it today as the scale hasn't moved for 2 weeks now despite working hard and doing my best. But my body is changing and I have to be patient and "trust the process" - (I might just put this on my fridge or in front of my face when I exercise). I do know exercising is starting to feel better all the time instead of "Hooow muuuch loooonger??" and the constant cravings for sweets are becoming a little less constant. I have a long way to go but I can feel good no matter what the scale says because I know I am giving myself a gift and I am getting stronger every day. We can do this.
    -Shawnee

    ReplyDelete