.

THE PAIN OF DISCIPLINE OR THE PAIN OF REGRET, YOU CHOOSE!

Main Purpose of this blog!

This blog is for you! Our family and friends who need a little extra motivation when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. Most of you have seen the popular TV series The Biggest Loser and have noted the life changing events that have occured. We are going to do our own version of the biggest loser only we are calling it The Healthy Habits Challenge. If you are interested we are asking that you send 20 dollars to my cute mom Linda Brindley Chipman asap. The challenge will begin on Monday, January 10th, 2011 and goes for 8 weeks which means it will end Sunday, March 6th. The more who participate, the more money their will be in the pot. At 20 dollars each, it is going to add up fast, but all money aside we really want to use this blog as a place where we can post our progress and encourage each other with ideas of what we are doing to keep fit and healthy. Please refer to the "log in" information (on side bar) so you can post your ideas. Remember to read the rules carefully (on the side bar) as well as the Healthy Habits Contract (first post). Good Luck Everyone!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Diet just Life Style Change

Hello Everyone~

I hope it's okay that I am adding my thoughts to this healthy habits challenge. When Sundee mentioned on facebook that she was starting up this challenge, I wasn't quite sure that I wanted to join in. I have tried to diet in the past and have failed miserably everytime. I didn't want to waste my $20.00 if I was going to just fail again. So as I contemplated the challenge for a day or two, I came to the realization that I was not going to 'diet' this time around but that I was going to incorporate a lifestyle change. I don't know about you all, but I am the kind of person that if you tell me I can't have something, then I want to have it even more. In times past, I would give up all chocolate and that would last for a week at the most. It's just something that I can't do. So as I thought about this challenge, something came to my mind that I have heard time and time again. Don't cut things out of your diet but just use moderation in all things. With that in mind, I decided to accept the challenge and so far so good. The foods that I eat have not changed. I still eat chocolate, but instead of a whole candy bar, I am easily satisfied with a few chocolate chips. I had ice cream last night, but instead of a whole bowl full, I had just a scoop and I was okay with that. I still eat the same dinner with the family, I have just cut my portion size in half. I have also added exercise to my life. Something that I have disliked in the past, but is slowly growing on me now.

Sundee, thank you for this challenge! I finally feel like I am accomplishing something positive for myself for a change. Whether I win the 'money' or not, I am winning my life back and it feels great!

Robyne

2 comments:

  1. Robyne, you are a sweetheart! I love your advice on moderation in all things. I am also with you. It's not at all about the money. It's about making a comittment to live better and healthier. The way our Heavenly Father would want us to live and take care of ourselves,So we can be happy and serve others. Do get me wrong, the money would be so fun to have but the real prize is feeling better about ourselves. It will be so fun to see who actually wins and to see the positive changes they have made. Thank you for posting what you are doing. It is very encouraging to me and so many others. Keep up the good work!

    Love Sundee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Robyne. What fun is life without a little chocolate every now and again? I have started to learn as well that moderation is what works best for me, but I am not going to lie the exercise part is where I am struggling most right now, so hopefully I can get better with that.
    ~Mindee~

    ReplyDelete