.

THE PAIN OF DISCIPLINE OR THE PAIN OF REGRET, YOU CHOOSE!

Main Purpose of this blog!

This blog is for you! Our family and friends who need a little extra motivation when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. Most of you have seen the popular TV series The Biggest Loser and have noted the life changing events that have occured. We are going to do our own version of the biggest loser only we are calling it The Healthy Habits Challenge. If you are interested we are asking that you send 20 dollars to my cute mom Linda Brindley Chipman asap. The challenge will begin on Monday, January 10th, 2011 and goes for 8 weeks which means it will end Sunday, March 6th. The more who participate, the more money their will be in the pot. At 20 dollars each, it is going to add up fast, but all money aside we really want to use this blog as a place where we can post our progress and encourage each other with ideas of what we are doing to keep fit and healthy. Please refer to the "log in" information (on side bar) so you can post your ideas. Remember to read the rules carefully (on the side bar) as well as the Healthy Habits Contract (first post). Good Luck Everyone!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snack Ideas

So I don't know about the rest of you, but snaking is my nemesis! I stay home and want to eat all day long with my kids. Not good, not good. So I thought that I would share some of my favorite snacks and a website that had some good ideas.

-Laughing cow cheese, 35 calories per wedge with come Wheat thins or an apple. There are a couple of different flavors to choose from.

-Lite String cheese, 100 calories with a slice or two of lunch meat. I like to let my string cheese sit out for 10 minutes or so and then eat it. I don't know what it is but something about it being soft makes it even better.

-Jello Mousse Temptations, 50-60 calories. These are really good if you crave chocolate, like me, because they have a caramel flavor and a chocolate flavor. YUMMY!

-Great Value High Fiber Oats and Chocolate bars, 140 calories. I like these because they have LOTS of fiber, 9g and keeps you full longer.

-Quaker Rice cakes, 60 calories for 8 cakes. Light and Crispy and I love the Apple cinnamon!

-Any sort of Thin buns or bagels, about 100 calories. These are great for toast and sandwiches. I love to eat one slice with a little bit of peanut butter and a banana after I run. Totally hits the spot and yummy!

-Crystal Light or just the GV brand. We have used these forever and are a great way to have something yummy to drink without the guilt of using your calories on a drink.

Here is a GREAT article that has some good ideas for snacks also.

Then go to Hungry Girl to check out all kinds of other info that she has.

Hope this is of some help to some of you. I would LOVE to hear what some of your favorite snacks! Happy Snacking!

Melissa C.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite snack right now is peach flavored jello and fat free reddi whip in a can. It is 10 calories for the jello and 5 calories for the reddi whip 15 calories total! LOVE it!!! Tastes just like when I was a kid and my mom would cut up peaches and add some milk and sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dulce de Leche jello pudding snacks, but I still usually want to eat 2 or 3 (oops)! I have started religiously getting a produce basket from Bountiful Baskets each Saturday and when I feel "snacky" I have more variety of fruits and veggies on hand to choose from first. But I do find that if I don't cut my veggies up as soon as I get home and put them in easy access bags then I don't eat them. Thanks for all these great ideas!
    -Shawnee

    ReplyDelete