.

THE PAIN OF DISCIPLINE OR THE PAIN OF REGRET, YOU CHOOSE!

Main Purpose of this blog!

This blog is for you! Our family and friends who need a little extra motivation when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. Most of you have seen the popular TV series The Biggest Loser and have noted the life changing events that have occured. We are going to do our own version of the biggest loser only we are calling it The Healthy Habits Challenge. If you are interested we are asking that you send 20 dollars to my cute mom Linda Brindley Chipman asap. The challenge will begin on Monday, January 10th, 2011 and goes for 8 weeks which means it will end Sunday, March 6th. The more who participate, the more money their will be in the pot. At 20 dollars each, it is going to add up fast, but all money aside we really want to use this blog as a place where we can post our progress and encourage each other with ideas of what we are doing to keep fit and healthy. Please refer to the "log in" information (on side bar) so you can post your ideas. Remember to read the rules carefully (on the side bar) as well as the Healthy Habits Contract (first post). Good Luck Everyone!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I need your input!!!!

Sundee posting
OK, I have had a few people say they want to know who is winning so far. I have also had a lot of people say they don't want to know because they don't want to loose motivation if they aren't winning. So everyone please leave a comment and let me hear your thoughts. You can also inbox me on facebook and pleade your case. Let's talk about it:)

My mom (Linda) is keeping a weekly record of everyones pounds lost. She has not yet calculated percentages.

17 comments:

  1. I am one of those who would like to know the standings. I am a competitive person so knowing how much the winners are loosing will make me want to work harder and eat better. I am actually loosing motivation not knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would like to know the top three pounds lost or percentages, not the peoples names just the numbers. It really would help to keep me motivated to know how I'm doing compared to everyone else and motivate me to work harder each week. I think that is what makes the Biggest Loser so exciting, knowing how you are doing compared to everyone else each week. If people don't want to know, they can just choose not to read the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I think it is more motivating to know who is in the top rankings at this point, it reminds me that this is a real competition! I think it would be nice to even put like who is in the top 5 right now! Thanks, Mindee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't need to know who is winning, but I think it would be more motivating to see how many pounds each person is losing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know. You don't have to list names. It would just be nice to know the top three percentages, so I can stay motivated :) Everyone knows who is winning on Biggest Loser until the very end...maybe we could do it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too think it would be more motivating. I am very competitive and if I see I am not in the game, I will try harder. Maybe she could just do it next week at our 1/2 way mark, not every week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. I would love to know where I stand. I was way motivated the first week, did everything the same the second week but was so stressed out in my personal life that I gained weight. :( I would love to see how I compare. Am I one of the top five our the bottom three? I think it would really help me stay motivated to know where I'm at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe those who need to be motivated can email Linda and have her email them the current scores. And those who don't want to know won't be emailed. That way each individual group will be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to know where I stand. I've got a little competitive spirit in me and I think it would help me get back in gear if I knew where I was. I don't think it needs to be posted every week, because that is a lot of work for Linda (Aunt Linda, thanks for tracking this for everyone. You are the best).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to know also. I agree that it will help me and probably others stay motivated. I don't think that we need an update every week, that is a lot of work, but maybe every other week. Linda, thanks for all your hard work keeping track of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of posting either the top 5 pounds loss or percentages, without a name is fine with me. I think I am a little competitive, as well! I might be motivated to put my fork down, if I knew it was going to help!!! Thanks for all you guys are doing though, I love the game no matter what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really torn. I have pros and cons to both. I like the meet in the middle idea of seeing some numbers (or percentages) at the halfway mark. Enough to keep us going and see where we stand, but enough not knowing to keep us in the game and kick it up. Sundee, I think I mentioned- it would be fun when this is over to have a get-together with everyone. I only know a handful of ladies doing this, and it would be fun to put faces to names and have a little celebration of all our hard work. Any one else think so? I'll bring a veggie platter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to know! I too like the idea of posting the top 5 each week. I think it would a great motivator for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the idea of posting the top five weight loss' for the week. But not putting their names with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to know, I think it would motivate me to want to be on the top list!

    ReplyDelete